BARTON St DAVID

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

Share |
 

SOMERSET MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2006

Click on either map to go to the Multimap web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON BARTON St DAVID

In 1636, Henry Adams, a local farmer, left Barton St David and emigrated to New England in America.

The Adam’s family went on to propagate an illustrious line, literary and political, including the United States Presidents John Adams and John Quincy Adams.

There is a memorial plaque placed inside the village church of St David, erected by a descendant in 1926.

The church has a perpendicular tower, the only one in Somerset which is octagonal from the ground.

Source: Somerset the Complete Guide by Robin Bush.

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO BARTON St DAVID

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)

 

WIKIPEDIA - The entry for Barton St David.