CHARLTON MACKRELL

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

 

LOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2006

Click on either map to go to the Multimap web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON CHARLTON MACKRELL

Charlton Mackrell, sometimes called West Charlton, is a farmers’ settlement.

Roman villa sites have been found north-west of the parish and quarrying has also revealed Roman burials.

It was also in this village that Henry Adams was married, in 1609, long before he left for the New World in 1636.

Source: Somerset The Complete Guide – Robin Bush.

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO CHARLTON MACKRELL

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)

 

PUB-EXPLORER.COM - An entry for the local pub.