GREAT ELM

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

 

SOMERSET MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2010

Click on either map to go to the Google web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON GREAT ELM

Great Elm is so named to distinguish it from the village of Little Elm (since developed as the village of Chantry).

South-west from the villagelies Tedbury Camp, an earthwork where a pot of Roman coins was dug up in 1691.

The manor was held for the first 200 years from the Domesday Book by the Giffards.

Later it was owned by the Hodges family, and then the Strachey’s.


Source: Somerset The Complete Guide by Robin Bush.

 

 

 

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO GREAT ELM

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)