HEATHFIELD

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

 

SOMERSET MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2006

Click on either map to go to the Multimap web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON HEATHFIELD

In 1166 the village was known as Heathfield Talbot, and later as Heathfield Durborough, after the family who were lords from the mid 14th century.

The Manor House is now Manor Farm with it's origins dating from the 16th century.

The tower of the church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, dates from the 13th century.

Source: Somerset - The Complete Guide by Robin Bush.

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO HEATHFIELD

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)