RADSTOCK

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

 

SOMERSET MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2006

Click on either map to go to the Multimap web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON RADSTOCK

Once a Saxon settlement the Romans made Radstock a more significant place, now sitting on the Fosse Way.

It was during the industrial revolution, in the late 18th century, that Radstock’s importance became more apparent.

With the demands of coal and coke to fuel the industry’s machinery Radstock was ideally placed,

such so that the Somerset & Dorset and the Great Western Railway both established stations and marshalling yards in the town.

In 1901 it was reported that the Radstock area employed nearly 5,500 miners and produced over 900,000 tons of coal.

Sources: Radstock4u.

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO RADSTOCK

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)

 

RADSTOCK 4U - The complete guide to the town.

RADSTOCK MUSEUM - The official web site.