STONEY STOKE

GALLERY     MAP     NOTES    LINKS

CLICK A THUMBNAIL FOR A BIGGER PICTURE AND THE BIGGER PICTURE TO RETURN HERE

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK TO CHECK THE LATEST NEWS.

 

SOMERSET MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITELOCAL MAP - CLICK TO GO TO THE MULTIMAP WEB SITE

All maps © Woolly Pictures 2006

Click on either map to go to the Multimap web site for an interactive map. Site opens in a new window.

TOP

NOTES ON STONEY STOKE

Stoney Stoke is a hamlet that has been established since the mid 11th century.

Formerly called Stoke Holloway, it is listed in the Domesday Book of 1086.

At this time Robert, count of Mortain, owned it.

Before a bypass was built in 1831 it was originally on a principle route.

At various times between the early 1800’s and the mid 20th century it contained two public houses, a Smithy and a school for 30 children.

Source: British History Online.

 

LINKS TO WEB SITES RELATED TO STONEY STOKE

(Help this section to grow by sending your links here)